Carers Locality Networks
The Locality Network meetings are for carers and people working with carers to come together and share information about services and support for carers. They are to identify what works well, what could be improved and any gaps in services.
They provide a forum for Carers voices to be heard within service development within:
- Carers Matter Norfolk
- Local Statutory Services (for example, Adult Social Services, NHS)
- Voluntary and Community Services
- National services
- Within other things that are of interest to carers
Locality Networks help you and other carers to hold Carers Matter Norfolk, other service providers and those who commission and purchase services to account. They help you to have your voice heard and by using your lived experience of caring, to change and improve the local support offer for all carers.
Through Locality Networks we can come together to understand what matters to local carers and how we can plan and develop as a whole system to make your area a better place to live as a carer. By working in partnership, we can identify local carer issues and try and find solutions. The Networks are also a great place to find out lots of information and meet new people.
Local Carer Peer Support Groups also find the networks a useful forum to come together and share information and ideas about their groups. Carers can attend all meetings or drop in and out as suits their circumstances.
All meetings are from 10.30am – 12.30pm
10th May 2018
- A Piece of Mind King’s Lynn, Saunders Yard, Austin Street, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1PH
15th May 2018
- South Norfolk House, Cygnet Court, Long Stratton, Norwich NR15 2XE
22nd May 2018
- ACT Centre, St. Michael’s Avenue, Aylsham, NR11 6YA (usually Nigel Grimsby Room)
24th May 2018
- Costessey Centre, 1 Longwater Lane, Costessey, Norwich, NR8 5AH (Lions Room)
30th May 2018
- Louise Hamilton Centre, James Paget University Hospital, Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, NR31 6LA.