By becoming a member of Carers Voice Norfolk & Waveney, there are a wide variety of opportunities to get involved in including:
- Sharing your experiences and influencing the future of services for Carers in Norfolk and Waveney
- Ensuring information for Carers is accessible and relevant (e.g. leaflets)
- Being part of current research
- Being interviewed by radio, press, or television journalists and sharing your lived experience of caring
- Ensuring change through User Involvement and Co-production meetings
- Opportunities to be involved in a case study to raise awareness of Carers and what matters to them
- Opportunities to raise awareness of Carers issues with health and social care staff
- Highlight opportunities for Carers to influence training for health and social care staff on awareness of carers.
- Opportunity to be involved in the choice, planning and organisation of local events
- Being an equal partner on interview panels
We have four Carers Ambassadors who are part of Carers Voice.
What do the Carers Ambassadors do?
- Listen to and offer support to fellow Carers
- Try to find hidden Carers (Carers who don’t necessarily recognise they are Carers and the support there is available for them)
- Let Carers know about Carers Voice and the Carers Matter Norfolk Service
- Represent Carers at events and meetings
- Relay any feedback to Carers Voice about what is working well and what needs improving
- Feed back progress to Carers
If you are interested in becoming a Carers Ambassador, please email email@example.com