How can you access the support we offer?
We’re creating a dedicated website for Young Carers & Families in Norfolk. It’s full of information to help you make sense of being a carer and offering flexible support around you.
Whilst we finalise the website, as a young carer and family you can still receive support from us, whether you would like to chat with someone online, we have Advisors available via ‘ask’ on the website or perhaps you want to talk to someone over the phone, you can call the freephone Advice Line on 0800 083 1148, who can support you and your family with information and advice. If you need some more help or guidance they can connect you with a Carer Connector in your local area, who can sit down with you and your family to look at further support.
You choose how you would like support.
If you are a Young Carer or you think your child, relative or friend might be, we’re here to help you:
- Find your way through local local services
- Get support for the person you’re caring for
- Get the right support at school or college
- Understand you’re rights
- Connect with local groups and services
- Look after your health and wellbeing
As a Young Carer, here are some things you might do to help:
- Helping with medication
- Cooking and cleaning
- Supporting with washing and dressing
- Going to appointments
- Helping sort out money and pay bills
- Encouraging, supporting and reminding