Launching on 1 July 2019, the new scheme provides essential holistic support throughout the application process and enables more Norfolk people to access the scheme through reused and recycled awards. Applications can be made via the online form found at https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/NAS
Anyone who wishes to apply but hasn’t got access to the internet can be supported by our dedicated NAS Team who will complete the application over the telephone. Call 01603 223392 option 5. Enhanced benefits to NAS from 1 July 2019:
- Successful applicants receive recycled/reused items provided by our NAS Recycling Partners meeting the Council’s Green Agenda and our commitment to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- The points required for successful applications have been reduced. The scheme can now support a wider range of individuals and improve the daily living of more Norfolk residents.
- A wrap-around approach to supporting individuals throughout the application process means applicants, and approved partners, are assisted by the NAS team with finding other items by signposting to alternative organisations. • An award can be up to £500 per individual/couple, with an additional £80 added per child, to provide more and better value goods.
- Award amounts can include storage costs if this is managed in close liaison with the applicant’s housing or support worker.
- The scheme now awards amounts to cover the cost of removals and ‘a man with a van’ to move or deliver low-cost goods.
Eligibility is assessed by NAS Advisors and a decision will be made to award an appropriate amount or decline the application. Advisors ensure that application to the scheme is the last resort and all other routes to obtain goods or support from other organisations have been explored. Approved awards are made via an iVoucher to be redeemed with our NAS Reuse Partners Framework. Through these Reuse Partners, the funds are reinvested in local organisations with a high social impact who already provide valuable support to Norfolk residents across the county. The NAS team are promoting the scheme to support voluntary and statutory organisations in Norfolk to raise awareness. We aim to work closely with the Help Hubs in each region and the NAS team will create a Steering Group which will receive a quarterly newsletter and a list of Support Organisations and a list of funding available in the region. If you have any questions about the scheme or would like any further information, please contact the NAS Team on 01603 223392 option 5 and a member of staff will be happy to help.