The Norfolk Millennium Trust for Carers
It is administered by the Norfolk Community Foundation and gives grants to unpaid carers in the county to provide a better quality of life for them and their loved ones. They provide funding for practical items and short breaks and leisure activities which relieve the 24/7 pressures of caring.
- A grant from the Trust can be given to buy, or contribute towards the cost of:
- A holiday, short break or outing to help relieve the pressures of caring;
- Household equipment such as a washing machine, tumble drier, fridge/freezer, dishwasher or television;
- A computer, laptop or tablet to make school work or adult learning easier, or be a lifeline to the wider world;
- Leisure and social activities;
- Home improvements such as carpets, furniture, beds and mattresses, decorating and garden equipment
The Trust also provides wheelchair power packs. It is the only source of funding for these in Norfolk for carers who cannot afford to pay for this expensive piece of equipment themselves. The Trust are unable to help with certain requests such as:
- Arrears of rent or fuel bills;
- Medical services and equipment;
- Small items of equipment for daily living including fire guards, bath aids and ramps;
- Bills for goods and services already received.
This is because items such as the above are the responsibility of the local authority or health services. For more information go to www.wecareappeal.co.uk or contact them on 01603 623958.