Whatever your caring role, there are certain things it is always good to have in place.
Having the right information is key, and our regular email updates and online directory of support for carers in Norfolk can help you.
See below for details on these and how to see other useful information for carers.
The latest news and information for you
If you are looking after a family member or friend having regular updates on support and advice for unpaid carers can be really valuable.
Carers Matter, You Matter is our regular email newsletter for unpaid carers and people with an interest in caring in Norfolk.
You can unsubscribe at any time if your need for information about caring changes.
Guide to support and services for you
Our Carers’ Directory gives information on a range of support that can help you or the person you care for. This ranges from local carers groups, through to Passenger Assist which can help you if you are travelling by rail, and organisations who can support you and the person you care for if they have specific conditions such as dementia or stroke.
Support and advice from Carers UK
Carers UK have a range of support and advice available to you as a carer.
This includes information on:
- Financial support – such as Carer’s Allowance, Personal Independence Payment and Disability Living Allowance.
- Practical support – including carer’s assessments, a needs assessment and more.
- Work and career – covering your rights, support available and boosting your skills.
- Health and wellbeing – including taking a break, Carers Active Hub and dealing with stress and depression.
Carers UK also have an online carers forum, Carers Connect, Carers Connect is divided into the categories including:
- All about caring
- Benefits, finances and funding
- Carers’ health and wellbeing
- Social area
- Specific details and conditions.
About this page
While we endeavour to ensure the information provided is accurate, we are not able to guarantee the accuracy of information on external websites.
If you have any feedback on the information provided, including how it can be improved, we would welcome your thoughts. Please email us at email@example.com. Please include details of which page you are emailing us about.