Advice and information about housing and accommodation.
Shelter is a charity that exists to defend the right to a safe home. If you have a housing related problem they can help:
- Locally – with advice and support services which offer one-to-one, personalised help with housing issues and homelessness.
- Online – via their website you can find expert information about everything from reclaiming your deposit to applying as homeless, or you can speak to an adviser over webchat.
- Over the phone – Their free emergency helpline is open 365 days a year to answer calls from anyone struggling with a housing issue or homelessness.
- Legal – Their solicitors provide free legal advice and attend court to help people who’ve lost their homes or are facing eviction.
Or click the links below to see information on topics they can help with:
- Private renting
- Tenancy deposits
- Benefits and money problems
- Council housing
- Mortgage repossession.
Citizen’s Advice have information available on your rights and responsibilities.
You will find information about how to go about renting or buying a home or just finding somewhere to live. You can also find advice on handling problems with your landlord and help to avoid losing your home.
Sustainable Housing Partnership Service (SHPS)
The Sustainable Housing Partnership Service (SHPS) project is delivered in Breckland, North and West Norfolk to support single adults aged 18 plus, couples (and in some districts, families too) in the prevention and relief of homelessness in the region.
The SHPS Project will aim to produce Personalised Housing Plans for all customers with a focus on tenancy support, helping them to successfully maintain that tenancy or supporting them to seek suitable accommodation.
About this page
While we endeavour to ensure the information provided is accurate, we are not able to guarantee the accuracy of information on external websites.
If you have any feedback on the information provided, including how it can be improved, we would welcome your thoughts. Please email us at email@example.com. Please include details of which page you are emailing us about.