How you can get support with your finances as a carer.
You can use this independent, free and anonymous benefits calculator to check what you could be entitled to.
This will give you an estimate of:
- the benefits you could get
- how much your benefit payments could be
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work or increase your hours
- how your benefits will be affected if your circumstances change – for example, if you have a child or move in with your partner.
Carers UK guide to financial support
Carers UK have information on different forms of financial support you might be entitled to as a carer, or you may wish to claim on behalf of someone you care for.
Their website explains the options available with helpful tips on how to understand the system and seek help. See www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support or see the specific pages as below:
- What is Carer’s Allowance?
- Benefits for carers who are working age
- Benefits for carers who are pension age
- Benefits if you are disabled, ill or injured
- Benefits calculator
- Help with health and care costs
- Help with bills and household costs
- Dealing with debt
- Benefit cap
Debt advice – Citizen’s Advice
Citizen’s advice have a range of information giving advice about managing debt, getting help with your debt and more.
About this page
If you have any feedback on the information provided, including how it can be improved, we would welcome your thoughts. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details of which page you are emailing us about.