Published 10th February 2022
The inspiring sessions will focus on ways in which organisations and leisure providers can develop or enhance their outdoor provision for people living with dementia and their carers.
Research shows that access to nature, the outdoors and gentle exercise has amazing benefits for all. Activities such as walking, gardening or watching wildlife can aid your physical, emotional, social and cognitive health.
A carer said: “I do like to be near wildlife and countryside… if there was some place where we would be able to walk or sit or enjoy.”
Guided by the experts at Dementia Adventure, MONUMENT’s ‘Pathways into Nature’ training session encourages professionals to:
- Explore the health and wellbeing benefits of nature.
- Increase their knowledge of dementia and what matters most to carers.
- Offer practical guidance to plan successful outings.
- Identify the mental and physical barriers to accessing the outdoors.
- Provide resources to help improve access nature and the great outdoors.
- Share stories, experiences and strategies.
Session dates and times in 2022
Thursday 10th March: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Monday 28th March: 1pm – 4pm
Tuesday 19th April: 1pm – 4pm
Wednesday 27th April: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Thursday 3rd May: 1pm – 4pm
Thursday 12th May: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Wednesday 25 May: 9:30am – 12:30pm
How to book
Booking is essential for the training sessions. Click here to book your place. or call 01245 237548
If you want to know more email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org