During the ongoing pandemic and intermittent lockdowns, there will be adults who are unable to protect themselves from abuse and harm. The ongoing pandemic and lockdowns may increase the risk that a person is abused and there may be many reasons for this.
‘As with the first lockdown there will be adults who are unable to protect themselves from abuse and harm. This second lockdown like the first may increase the risk that a person is abused and there may be many reasons for this.
It is critically important that we all remain vigilant to this threat and know what to do if we have a safeguarding concern. Abuse can take many forms.
For anyone working in health, care, housing, policing, the community & voluntary sector and all members of the community, safeguarding duties have NOT been changed or stood down due to this lockdown and we all have a vital role to play in raising concerns if we have them. To help protect our communities and those at risk of abuse and harm, we can all help by making sure we talk about this. Abuse thrives in secrecy.’Norfolk Safeguarding Adults Board (NSAB)
Safeguarding referrals can be made by either calling 0344 800 8020 or if the person is not at immediate risk of harm, completing an online form.
The following links also contain a wealth of information
- Norfolk County Council – The Norfolk Safeguarding Adults Board provides useful advice and information about safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- Norfolk Police also have useful advice and information regarding this matter.
The following National & Local Support is also available in respect of domestic abuse
- Women’s Aid – 24hr National Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0808 2000 247
- Refuge – National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247 or contact the helpline via Refuge’s contact form at www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk.
- GALOP (LBGT) – 0800 999 5428
- Mankind Initiative – Male Victims – 01823 334244
- Men’s Advice Line – Male Victims – 0808 801 0327
- Respect – Working with abusers to change their behaviour and male victims of domestic abuse – 020 3559 6650
Norfolk Based Support
Tel: 0300 561 0077
Based in: Norwich, Broadland, Breckland, West Suffolk
Tel: 01603 276381 (24/7)
Tel: 01603 622406
Based in: based Norwich and Great Yarmouth