There are a number of other sources of financial support and advice you may benefit from as a carer.

Norfolk Assistance Scheme

The Norfolk Assistance Scheme (NAS) may be able to help you if you are in financial hardship and cannot pay your living costs. Maybe you have had to give up work or reduce your hours to care for a family member or friend.

This is one of many reasons why people might not be able to pay their living costs.

If you are eligible, they can:

  • Provide emergency financial help
  • Supply essential household goods and furniture
  • Give support, guidance and advice

You will need to complete an application with evidence of your financial situation. 

Click here for further information about the Norfolk Assistance Scheme (NAS) and how to apply.

Help with food costs

The Trussell Trust food banks provide emergency food and support. To get help from the food bank you will need to be referred with a voucher. Your local food bank will advise you on which health and care professionals or organisations can refer you to a food bank.

Click here to find a food bank in your area

Health and Wellbeing Fund

If you are a carer who has completed a Carers Assessment and action plan with a Family Carer Practitioner, then you may be able to apply for our Health and Wellbeing Fund. The fund is to improve the health and wellbeing of you as a carer and to support you in your caring role.

Advice Line

If you want to, you can call our advice line and our carer advisors can talk through with you what local and national support is available based on your personal needs and situation.

You can speak to someone from our advice line team on 0800 083 1148 or email

Our advice line is free to call from both landline and mobile telephones.