Grants available from Carers Trust Grant Fund are for individual adult carers, aged 16+. Carers can apply for grants of up to £300 for items or activities that will benefit them in their caring role. For example:
- Breaks for carers, with or without the person they care for;
- Items for the home, including cookers, fridges, beds, washing machines etc;
- Driving lessons and other travel costs relating to caring roles;
- Courses and materials to develop carers skills and personal development;
- Home repairs;
- Short term or time limited replacement care.
Carers can apply to these Funds through their local Network Partner (Carers Trust’s network of Carers Centres and Crossroads Care Schemes). Application forms are available from the Network Partner and a member of staff from the Network Partner will need to complete a supporting statement on the carer’s behalf. You can find contact details of your local Network Partner here on Carers Trust’s website: www.carers.org/carers-services/find-your-local-service