This is a monthly payment that has started to replace some income and work-related benefits.  If you, or the person you are caring for are already getting tax credits you do not need to do anything as you will be told when you move across. 

When Universal Credit will affect you will depend on your circumstances and where you live.  It is being rolled out across the country gradually and is expected to cover the whole of the UK by the end of 2018.

To find out more either call 0800 328 9344 or go to