If your complaint to either the County Council, social care provider (including care homes and home care agencies) or the NHS cannot be resolved to your satisfaction you can approach an Ombudsman

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman are a free service and are the final stage for complaints about councils, all adult social care providers and some other organisations providing local public services. If you have a complaint which involves both health and social care organisations they have a Joint Working Team with the Health Ombudsman to investigate the issues together and save you having to complain to both Ombudsmen.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman can help if your complaint concerning an NHS service cannot be resolved to your satisfaction. They are also a free service, who will investigate the final stage of complaints concerning the NHS and other public organisations. They will work with the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman to ensure if you have a joint complaint involving social care you do not have to complain to two organisations.