Published 9th May 2023
Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust are inviting you to join them for an online six-part ‘personality disorder and complex emotional needs’ workshop.
The workshop is for family, friends and partners (aged 18+), who are supporting other adults with, or awaiting assessment for a personality disorder otherwise known as complex emotional needs, in Norfolk or Suffolk.
The workshop has been developed in collaboration with carers and people with lived experience. They aim to bring people together to support and learn from one another in an inclusive atmosphere, explore topics and skills of interest, and offer a space for meaningful conversations about the experience of caring for someone. Topics covered include:
- Exploring personality, Personality Disorder, and Complex Emotional Needs
- Supporting someone with difficult emotions
- Skills for managing strong emotions
- Looking after ourselves in the short and long term
- Recovery, discovery, and management
- Walking the middle path
- Sharing resources, ideas, and advice
For further information including workshop dates and to register your interest in joining the workshops, email KUFtraining@nsft.nhs.ukwith your name, contact details, the reason you wish to join, and confirming you and the person you care for are both over 18.